Just to Share with you..........
This is a different kind from usual variety rices. The special powder we are using makes this rice different. This will be good recipe for potluck. Hope you too can enjoy this recipe.
Basmati rice - 2 cups
Cauliflower - 1 (full)
Onion - 1 (medium size)
Lime juice - 2 teaspoons
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Ingredients for powder
Red chillies - 5
Coriander seeds - 2 tsp
kadalaparuppu -2 tsps
Urad dal - 1 tsp.
Pepper - 1/4 tsp.
Jeera - 1/2 tsp.
Garam Masala Powder - 1 tsp
Fry these in dry tava and make fine powder
1. Wash the rice 2 or 3 times and cook it with 3 cups of water.
2. Cut cauliflower into small flowerets and keep immersed in salted water for 5 minutes. Wash well and boil it with little water for 5 minutes in microwave oven. Drain water after cauliflower is boiled.
3. Add 1 tbs oil in a pan. Fry 1 onion (chopped) until golden brown then add the boiled cauliflower with it. Add turmeric powder and salt as required.
4. Add the powder and mix thoroughly and cook for 5 - 10 min util raw smell goes away.
5. In the mean time sprinkle lemon juice cooked rice and mix well.
6. When Vegetable is ready add to cooked rice.
If you want roast cashew nuts in ghee and garnish the rice by sprinkling on rice.