Just to share with you......
This I tried on my own by searching on net. But I had this many times before from my north Indian friend Maitri. Every friday she used to do fasting and during fasting she used to eat this.
I modified her recipe a little with the ideas I got from net and I started cooking this. Though this can be eaten as breakfast , we used to eat this as evening tiffin/snack. Hope you will also enjoy.Ingredients
1. Sago - 1 cup
2. Dry rosted peanut powder - 3 tsp (don't add water for grinding)
3. Dry grinded coconut - 2 tsp (don't add water for grinding)
4. Lemon juice - 1 or 2 tsp according to ur taste
6. Mustard and Jeera for flatter
7. Handful of curry leaves . You can add corriander leaves also along with that if you have.
8. Onion medium size - 1 (finely chopped like you chop for vada)
9. Potato medium size -1 (peeled and chopped finely into small thin pieces)
10. Ginger - one small piece (finely chopped like you chop for vada)
11. Pinch turmeric powderPreparation
1. Soak sago for minimum 3 hrs (more that that also fine) and drain the water completely.
2. To that add peanut powder and coconut powder picnch salt and keep aside.
3. Pour oil in tava and splutter mustard ,jeera,curry and corriander leaves.
4. Add onion and ginder and fry.
5. Add potato and fry. Don't add water .Don't even Sprinkle.
Add pinch turmeric powder
6. Fry the potato well so that itz cooked.
7. Add sago and fry well so that it will become transparent and will look like glass beads.
8. Finally before turning off the stove sprinkle lemon juice and mix throughly. After 2 mins switch off the stove.Tips
If you feel , frying potato is time consuming process then peel the potato cut into small pieces and with little water cook in mocrowave for 5 mins then drain water completely and then add .
Fry the potatoes for few mins and continue the process.