PAASIPAYIR / WHOLE GREEN MOONG DHAL
Just to share with you.....
In South Indian villages kadancha passipayir (whole green moond dhal) and kadancha kollu (horsegram) are very common. People used to cook in mud pot and used to mash the dhal with matthu when it is well cooked which is really really awesome. But now its difficult to do like that.so letz customise according to this trend. The excess water drained from the cooked dal is used to make Rasam in usual way.This rasam will be more tasty and the color of the rasam will also be good with light greenish.
1. Whole green moong dhal - 1/2 cup (I mean the cup which comes along with electic rice cooker)
2. Tomato Medium size -1/2
3. Onion medium size -1/2
4. green chillies -4 to 5
5. Turmeric powder -1/4 tsp
6. Salt may be 1/2 tsp (as needed)
For sauting (optional)
1.oil - 1 tsp (coconut oil gives more taste)
2. curry leaves as needed
3. Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
1. Pressure cook all the ingredients mentioned upto 6 whistles with 2 cups of water.
2. Then mash it (by using mathu /blunder anyway)
3. Its ready to have with rice. While having with rice add ghee for more taste.
4. For richness you can saute it with the ingredients given in ingredients heading.