Hope you may be aware of making chutneys with vegetables like Cabbage,Raddish etc. Among all those my favourite is beetroot chutney. This chutney goes well with Rice. You can eat with Idli's and dosa's too. My mom used to make this. This is very simple one.
1. Medium sized beetroot -1
2. Hot red chillies - 4 to 5
3. Coconut grated - 3 to 4 tsps
4. Tamarind - very little (paste means 1/2 to 1 tsp)
5. Salt and oil as needed.
1. Peel beetroot and wash it and cut into pieces so that it makes you easy to grind.
2. Heat 3 spoons of oil in kadai and fry beetroot ,redchilllies,tamarind and cocount for 5 minutes till beetroot gets fried well.
3. Add salt to taste and grind the fried things well. Your chutney is ready.