In Tamilnadu Ven Pongal is treated as tiffin Item (especially for breakfast ,also one of the item in small occassions)Ven pongal and Urudal vada are very good combination.
1. Raw rice - 1cup
2. Moong dhal - 1/2 cup
1. Curry leaves as needed
2. Whole black pepper - 1tsp
3. Jeera - 1 tsp
4. Ginger finely chopped - 1/2 tsp
5. Cashnewnuts as needed
6. Ghee/oil - 5 tsp
1. Cook and dhal together in Pressure cooker by adding little salt and 4 cups of water atleast for 5 whistles.
2. Heat 3 tsp kadai and pour oil/ghee.
3. Saute curry leaves,pepper,jeera & ginger and add to cooked rice.
4. Fry the cashewnuts in 2 tsp of ghee/oil and add to rice.
5. Serve with Coconut chutney and Moong dhal sambar.