1/31/2007

PEERKANKAI CHUTNEY

Just to share with you........

I don't know anything about peerkankai chutney.I didn't even heard of that . My Brother was working in Bangalore 6 years back.He was staying with his friends. I heard from him that one of his friend makes chutney with peerkangai (may be Jothi anna or Krish anna ) . That time roughly he told abt this chutney to mom.I am not sure now my brother remembers this or not. My mom used to make this and from her I learnt this. when you are making peerkankai poriyal that time you can make another dish with same peerkankai. This chutney goes with Rice.

Also I heard that for vegetables and fruits most of the nutrients are present in the layer where the skin is touching with flesh portion . So whenever possible try to use the skin.For fancy sake don't peel and throw away.If you are doing so you are throwing away the nurtients .


Ingredients


CHUTNEY




Ingredients

1. Grated or peeled the outer layer (which you consider as waste) of peerkankai. (Remaining asusual use for making poriyal)

2. Green chillies - 4 to 5

3. Coconut grated - 2 to 3 tsps

4. Tamarind - very little (paste means 1/2 to 1 tsp)

5. Salt and oil as needed.

6. Onion very little may be half onion.


Preparation

1. Wash the Peerkankai skin well and cut into pieces so that it makes you easy to fry and grind.

2. Heat 3 spoons of oil in kadai and fry Peerkankai skin, onion, chilllies, tamarind and cocount for 5 minutes till all gets fried well and smell goes away.

3. Add salt to taste and grind the fried things well. Your chutney is ready to go with Rice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home