CORN VADA / BONDA / PAKKODA
Just to share with you....
Once I bought corn packet from frozen section and I don't know what to do with that huge amount.I heard from grandma's that they will make dosas,bonda ,pakoda's by grinding fresh corn so I thought of trying it in my own way with grandma's corn recipe as a base.It came out really good.
1. Frozen corn - 1 cup
2.Rice flour - 1/4 cup
3.Ginger - 1/4 tsp finelly chopped
4.Green chillies - 6 nos
5.Onion medium - 1
6. Salt - as needed
7.Oil for frying
8.Corriander,curry leaves - little
1. Take corn from freezer half an hour before and grind the corn without water. If needed sprinkle few drops of water and grind.Don't add more.
2. To it add rice flour, finelly chopped onions,green chillies,ginger,curry leaves,corriander leaves and salt. Mix well.
3. Heat the oil in a kadai or a pan.
4. Make the shapes you want (like vada,bonda,Pakkoda) with above mixture
5. Fry them till they turn golden brown.
Mixture should be thick otherwise your recipe will absorb more oil