Just to share with you....
I have read carrot halwa recipe in so many places and tried out all. Among all this recipe is my favourite and is really good. Now I am following only this way to make carrot halwa.
1. Carrots - 1 lb
2. Milk - 1 cup
3. Sugar - 1 cup
4. Ghee - 3 tsp
5. Cashew nuts for garnishing
6. Raisins(Dry grapes/ munthiri) for garnishing
1. Peel the carrots and grate them.
2. Soak the grated carrots in the milk and pressure cook.
3. Heat sugar and ghee in a non stick pan.
4. Add the pressure cooked carrots and milk. Stir well.
5. Keep the lid closed in between stirrings, as there maybe some splashes, when the milk and ghee boil together.
6. When the milk condenses and the halwa begins to thicken, remove from flame.
7. Garnish with cashews and raisins roasted in ghee.
1. Chop carrots into small cubes and pressure cook in milk.
2. Grind this pressure cooked carrots(with milk) into a smooth paste.
3. Proceed like the first method from step 3 onwards.