1. Peel and cut potatoes and boil them in water to which a little vinegar is added. They will be done in no time and will retain the texture as well.
2.If you have forgotten to soak pulses like chana overnight, just put the chana in a flask full of boiling water for an hour. They are ready for cooking.
3. Add a little oil and turmeric powder to the dal before placing it in the cooker. It will get done in ten minutes flat.
4. While cooking ladyfingers (okra) add a few drops of lemon juice or a spoonful of yogurt to avoid becoming sticky.
5. To preserve the white colour in cauliflower and cabbage, add a teaspoon of milk or milk powder while cooking.
6. The art of making good naan khatais lies in beating of the mixture till it becomes light and fluffy. Also only vanaspati should be used to make them.
7. When boiling potatoes for cutlets add the salt to the water itself as potatoes absorb salt better this way.
8. Never beat idli batter too much because the air which has already incorporated during fermentation is lost.
9.To reduce fat in the chicken by about 10 grams per serving, remove the skin before marinating it.