TOMATO ONION CHUTNEY
- Tomato products are beneficial in aggressive cancers.
- Tomatoes are good for the eyes.
- Lycopene, the most abundant carotenoid in the blood serum, was found to be the key antioxidant that guards against ARMD ( Age-Related Macular Degeneration), a condition that may cause blindness.
- Tomatoes are high in Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Calcium and Potassium
- The name may come from onion’s “union” or singleness as a bulb.
- It is said to be the basis for the name of Chicago, which comes from an Indian phrase meaning "The place where the wild onion (or garlic) grows”.
- It is the most popular herb, since it is nutritionally satisfying in addition to being flavorful.
- Homeopaths use a dilute extract as a treatment for colds, but most other medical systems use it in a non-specific fashion as a warm, invigorating and satisfying tonic herb.
- It is sometimes used topically to treat insect stings, but personal experience suggests it lacks any significant anti-allergy properties.
- It has mild anti-microbial qualities and has been used in wound treatment.
Let us combine Valuable Tomato and Onion and make chutney to have in our food.
Tomato Onion Chutney
1. Big Tomato - 1
2. Red chillies - 2
3. Onion - 1
4. Oil - 1 tbsp
1. Oil - 1 tsp
2. Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
3. curry leaves - 1 sprig
1. In a pan heat tsp of the oil and add cutted tomato and onion and fry it well till onion becomes golden brown.
2. Grind the fried things.
3.Heat the oil and when it is hot, add the mustard seeds When the seeds start spluttering, add the curry leaves.
4.Quicky stir the mustard seed mixture into the tomato chutney.