12/01/2006

PURI / POORI


Just to share with you.....


Poori is made almost the same way as a chapatti, but deep fried instead of being cooked on a griddle. It is a big favorite amongst kids and adults.

I love poori's a lot. During my childhood days whenever we are going to somebody's place if they request to have food and go that time I will say no. When they say the word poori though my mom gave me food already at home immediately I used to say ok. and I will take poori's.Those days I have a craze for Poori's.

When my mom used to makes poori's at home Whole day I will eat only poori's.I used to stack in a container with one poori and above it some potato masala again poori then masala like that that poori's won't get hard when hour passes also.All these I have done during my childhood days but not now .Whenever I make poori's that Pleasant memories flash on my mind.

Ingredients

1. Wheat flour - 2 cups


2. Salt to taste

3. Oil for frying

Preparation

1. Mix wheat flour ,one tsp oil ,salt and knead it well by adding water in steps so that it becomes soft.

2. Make this into smooth round even sized balls.

3. Using a roller flatten the balls one by one to make it round and flat of medium thickness.

4.Deep fry this in oil till the poori pops fully and then remove it from the frying pan.

Side dish

1.
Potato Curry

2. Channa Masala


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home