Just to share with you.....
Channa Masala is spicy chickpeas.My friend Maitri goel has taught me how to make Channa masala which goes very well with Bhatura which we call as chola puri in south India.It goes well with Chapathi's too.This is a wonderful "confort food" dish - which is really very easy to make.
1. Chola - 1 cup
2. Zeera - 1/2 tsp
3. Curry leaves and corriander leaves
4. Onion -15. Ginger-garlic paste -1 tsp
6. Garam Masala - 1 tsp
7. Tomato paste or Tomato Puree -3 tsp(use 1 small size tomato for paste)
8. Dhaniya powder/Corriander powder -1 tsp
9. Chilli powder - 1 tsp
10. Turmeric powder -1/4 tsp
11. Salt to taste
1. Soak channa/chola in water for 8 hrs
2. Pressure cook chola with salt
3. Pour little oil in pan ,Saute zeera and curry leaves.
4. Cut 1/2 onion and add. Fry it till golden brown.
5. Add garlic-ginger paste. Then add onion paste. Fry till oil comes out.
6. Then add tomatopaste or tomato puree and fry for 3 mins.
7. Add chilli powder,Corriander powder,turmeric powder and mix well.
8. When masala is done, add chola and little water.
9. Check salt. Let cook for few minutes.
10. Garnish with Corriander leaves.
1.Instead of turmeric power Pressure cook channa with salt to taste and 1 teabag, or put little loose tea-leaves wrap it in a cloth tie it and put it. This will change the color of chola to black.
2.Try with brown sundal also
3.If you forgot to soak channa then cook channa with a pinch of samayal soda (sodiumbicorbonate) or bakingpowder along with salt to taste upto 10 whistles.