Lemon Rice is very simple and takes less than 10 minutes.This South Indian dish is easily put together when you are in a hurry. You can also make it with leftover rice also. When you are going for a picinic and you don't want to go for outside food you can prefer lemon rice that time you.In US there is no hesile of sqeeezeing lemon also we are geeting lemon juices every where which can making our job easy.
1. Rice - 1 cup
2. Lime/Lemon -1
3. Onion - 1 (small)
4. Green chillies -5
5. Mustard - 1 tsp
6. Urad dhal -1 tsp
7. Channa dal - 1 tsp
8. Turmeric powder (Haldi) - 1/2 tsp
9. Peanuts/Groundnuts - handful (as needed)
10. Salt to taste
11. Oil - 1 tbsp
12. Curry leaves and corriender leaves for garnishing
1. Cook the rice with little salt and allow it to cool in a plate.
2. In a pan add oil,Saute Mustard and curry leaves/corriender leaves.
3.Then add urad dhal, channa dal and fry till dal' s becomes golden brown
4. Cut the onion and add to it and fry well. Then add cutted Green chillies.
5. Add turmeric powder and salt to taste and leamon juice (nearly 1 1/2 tsp)
6. Fry for 2 minutes and then add the cooked rice mix well.
7. Fry peanuts seperately in dry tava and garnish the rice