Just to share with you...
This is an normal way of making tomato rice. When I was kid I always used to grow tomato plant in our house because it grows just like that and no need to be taken care of regularly.Where ever the seed gets scattered plant will grow.I love to pluck the ripen tomatoes .For plucking sake I always used to ask my mom to cook tomato rice.
1. Rice - 1cup
2. Onion -1 (small)
3. Garlic - 4 pods
4. Cilantro to garnish
5. Tomatoes -2
6. Green chillies - 3
7. Chilly powder - 1/2 tsp
8. Oil - 1 tbsp
9.Sombu -1/2 tsp
10.Curry leaves -10
11.Salt to taste
1. Cook the rice with little salt ,and allow it to cool in a plate.
2. Cut the onion,garlic,tomatoes,Chillies.
3. In a pan add oil,then add Mustard ,sombu ,Curry leaves and fry for a minute.
4. Cut garlic into small pieces.
5. Add the onion,garlic,chillies,tomatoes. Add Chilly powder and salt to taste.
6. Stir well till the tomatoes are tender and then add the cooked rice and keep in low flame for 5 minutes with constant stirring.
7.Garnish with cilantro.