TOMATO PUREE RICE
I have been to Chicago last year to my sister's house to attend one of my sister-in-laws (Mallika) baby shower.Our sister made many variety rices since itz our tradition to make many variety rices for babyshower.One among them is Tomato puree rice.In my place my mom and others used to make tomato rice with fresh tomatoes.For the first time we had tomato rice made with tomato puree there.It was very good and tasted like birayani.Roasted cashnewnuts over the rice added its richness and value.For my angle's first birthday I made that rice for the first time.It came out good.Everyone who came for the party enjoyed having that recipe.
Tomato puree rice
1.Basmathi rice :1 and 1/2 cups
2.Tomato puri : 3/4cup and water : 2 & 1/4 cups
3.cinnamon(pattai) :1 piece
5.Ginger-garlic paster :1/2 tsp
6.Medium size tomato :1(cut into small pieces)
7.Medium size onion :1(cut lengthwise)
8.Turmeric powder :1/4 tsp
9.chilli powder :1 tsp(as required)
10.Curry leaves :as required
11.corroander leaves :as required
12.oil,salt :as required
13.Cashnewnuts :as required
1.keep rice,water,tomatopuri in rice cooker and let it done.
2.Pour oil in tava.Add curry leaves ,corriander leaves,cinnamon stick,cloves
3.Add onion and fry
4.Add ginger garlic paste
5.Add tomato,chilli powder,turmeric powder and little salt
6.Fry all until as get mashed and oil seperates on top
7.Add the gravy to cooked rice and mix well.
8.fry cashewnuts in oil and garnish on the top of rice.
Preparation 2 (Easy method -Use crushed tomatoes or tomato paste )
1. Cook 2 cups basmathirice seperately with 3 and 1/2 cups of water and let it cool.
2. In pan pour 4 tablespoon of oil. Add 3 cloves,2 cinnamonsticks, 2 bay leaves and splatter it,currry leaves and corriander leaves.
3. Then add one medium size cutted onion and 1 tablespoon gingergarlic paste and fry.
4. To that add 1 medium cutted fresh tomato (if you have).
5. Add 1 cup puree or crushed tomato or tomato paste.
6. Add 1 tsp of chilli powder, salt(as needed),1 tsp of corriander powder and 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
7. Let it cook in slow flame so that oil seperates on top.
8. Mix this gravy and rice as needed. Fry the cashnewnuts seperately and garnish the food with cashnewnuts.
Soak rice in rice in water for half an hour then drain it and fry the rice in dry tavaThis will help the rice to come lengthy(will not break) when it is cooked.